Congratulations on making the decision to become a homeowner. What you need now is good guidance to make the home buying process as simple as possible.
Gather your documents that you will need for your loan application. Below is a list of documents that you will need to get pre-approved.
- Pay Stubs. Most current pay stubs covering recent 30 day period. (this is to verify your monthly income before and after taxes)
- W-2 Forms. IRS form W-2 for the most recent 2 years. (This is to verify all incomes to you from your employer at the end of year)
- Tax Returns. Personal tax returns for the most recent 2 years. (This is to verify all incomes and deductions at the end of the year)
- P&L Statement and Balance Sheet. Provide this ONLY if you're self-employed and own more than 25% of your business. (This is what you provide instead of a pay stub if you're self-employed)
- Business Tax Returns. Provide this ONLY if you're self-employed and own more than 25% of your business.
- Rental Agreement. IF you own a home, please provide current rental agreements on all rental properties. (This is to verify income to you from your rental property)
- Bank Statements. Current bank statements for the most recent 2 months period or quarters. (This is to verify that you do have money in the bank for your down payment and any closing costs associated with the loan)
- Landlord Information. IF you're currently renting, please provide the name, address and telephone number of your landlord for the past 12 months. (This is to verify amount of rent and if you've paid your rent on time)
- Closing Statement. IF you sold a home within the last 6 months, please provide your closing statement for the property sold.
- Sales Contract. IF you've already found a property and have a sales contract, please provide a copy of the fully executed contract and all addendum.
What type of financing do you require for your new purchase? You can view our various loan options here. If you're not sure what loan option might be best for you, speak to your loan officer about your financing needs.
Get pre-approved with Island Lending Hawaii LLC now that you have all your documents. Talk to your loan officer if you're missing or don't have some of the documents listed above.
- Please complete the authorization form so that we can better advice you and provide you with a quote.
- Please fill out our short application form to better provide you with a quote.